“For all of the progress we’ve made – the innovative programs and tools we’ve developed and the lives saved as a result – if it won’t survive without us, we aren’t helping.”
– Benjamin Winters, Regional Director-Africa, Akros
Interventions are a little bit risky. On the one hand, if you know that thousands of people are dying from malaria, you are probably justified in trying to do something about it. On the other hand, if you just jump in and try to fix everything yourself, you could make the problem worse. What happens when you leave?
How We Do It
Akros values the health and well-being of people. Although we may be involved in the technical aspects of public health, our real passion is to tweak the technical side to make people’s lives healthier and to see wholeness restored.
- Akros provides M&E training for international government and NGO agencies.
- Akros provides DHIS2 training for health informatics professionals.
- Akros provides case management training for community-health workers and health facility personnel.
- Akros has trained thousands of community-health workers on disease surveillance and response.